Date: 13th February
Time: 9am -12pm
Location: SME Centre of Excellence, Ponteland, NE20 9NH
Host: SME Centre of Excellence
How to get involved – Join our Facebook group for all of the latest updates
Armed Forces Covenant Signing
What is the Armed Forces Covenant?
It is a pledge that together we acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
Why you should sign the covenant
Signing the covenant means that you are supporting your employees as reservists and veterans.
By becoming a forces friendly employer you can benefit from the wide range of unique skills and experiences that reservists and veterans can bring to your organisation. Employing armed forces community members can help diversify the talent in your workforce. Find out more about being a forces friendly employer.
What you can pledge
Employers can choose specific promises or pledges to support their employees within the armed forces community. Local authorities promise to encourage local communities in supporting the armed forces community, including promoting understanding and awareness.
You can pledge to
- promote the fact you are an armed forces-friendly organisation
- support the employment of veterans and service leavers
- offer flexibility in leave for service spouses and partner before, during and after deployment
- support reservist employees, allowing leave for training and deployment
- offer discount to members of the armed forces community